Gatsby’s Year in Review: 2021
We couldn’t help but reflect back on what’s been one of the biggest years for our growth – in every possible way!
With new partnerships, platform updates, and powerful new features, we’ve come a long way since the start of 2021, and we couldn’t have done it without the support of our amazing customers, friends and advisors.
Here’s a look back at some of our biggest highlights:
January 2021 – We kicked off 2021 announcing a core update to our platform: Media Tracking & Insights, enabling you to see all your UGC and the engagement rates, likes, comments and captions on every Instagram post that your customers mention you in (it’s hard to even remember life before we had this functionality).
February 2021 – Featured as a Staff Pick by Shopify
March 2021 – We reached 50 5-star reviews in the Shopify App Store and launched an integration with Omnisend
April 2021 – Two new features launched:
- Multiple Business Accounts, allowing you to track influencer engagements across your multiple Instagram business accounts
- Demographics AI, using image recognition technology, we added predictions on age range, gender, and multicultural appearance to your Instagram insights (although we’ve sunsetted this feature for now)
June 2021 – We launched Custom Tags, allowing you to segment and measure your micro influencers by any specific segments, tags, or campaigns you’re running.
July 2021 – We announced Instagram Story tracking, so you can track when your customers mention you on Instagram Stories, in addition to their Instagram feed posts (and stay tuned for a big update to Story tracking coming very soon!).
August 2021 – We launched integrations with our friends at Gorgias and Yotpo, and announced a couple product updates:
- Unified Single Login for multiple domain stores using our Shopify App
- We updated our Instagram Stories tracking feature so you can download the entire story clip when your micro-influencers mention you
September 2021 - We put out some new really popular self-service guides including how you can add Gatsby to your post-purchase page without touching any code:
October 2021 - Our friends at Justuno released native Gatsby templates to make onboarding that much easier:
- And we're now ranking in the #1 organic spot in the Shopify App Store for the popular keyword "Influencer App" -- and under both filters --"Most Relevant" and "Most Installed"
And we ended the year with a bang, with one of our most exciting updates to date: TikTok! All Gatsby customers can now collect TikTok handles, get profile insights, and automate outreach to your micro-influencer customers on TikTok!
Whew! We are ready for a holiday break! But we’re not slowing down in 2022 – there’s more to come, including big updates to Instagram Story mention traction, TikTok, and something super exciting to help improve your paid social campaigns. For the inside scoop, check out our roadmap here, and if you don’t see what you’re looking for, feel free to create a request!
Cheers to 2021, and wishing everyone a happy, healthy and joyful holiday!